Sleepover that gone wrong to a Mother of 5, Tamla Horsford. A married mother of five, was found dead the next morning. Other attendees – all white – say that she died after a fall from the home’s deck while intoxicated. The final report, released by the Forsyth County sheriff’s office, concludes that Horsford’s injuries are consistent with a fall. But others are wondering how Horsford went unnoticed until 9 a.m. the next day and if the severity of her injuries indicates anything else may have happened.
To further add to the mystery, the boyfriend of the homeowner, Jose Barrera, who also is heard on the 911 call, who worked in the Forsyth County courts, accessed files from the incident report and for Horsford’s friend, Michelle Graves, who was asking for further investigation of the matter. Graves says he accessed information on her and her family. He was ultimately fired.
Tamla, lovingly known as “Tam” and “Tammy”, was a 40-year-old wife, mother of 5 boys ranging in ages 4-14 and a stepdaughter. She was a kind and true friend to many and was heavily involved in her community. Tamla was full of life and love and on 11/4/18 that life was taken from her . She had been attending a sleepover birthday party with several women along with a few men and was found the next day deceased. Investigation into her death is now closed with the police department however there are several discrepancies and unanswered questions surrounding her death. Her family seeks answers and they want to know what happened to her that night. Please join us and support us in our fight to seek justice for Tamla and to help provide a normal life for her boys in the absence of their mother.
After attending an sleepover party, Tamla Horsford was found dead in the backyard of the host’s home in November of 2018. Claiming she “fell from the balcony”, witnesses alleged that Tamla was intoxicated and it was just an accident. However, the racist history of Forsyth County has sparked interest in the case. After gaining national attention, millions of Americans are wondering if foul play was involved. Tamla’s close friend, Michelle Graves, insists the truth has yet to be revealed.
Tamla Horsford, 40, was found dead at an sleepover birthday party at the home of a Cumming, Georgia resident. The boyfriend of the host, Jose Barrera, said he believed she fell off the balcony during the night. He placed the call to 911 dispatchers after finding her and noted a small cut on her wrist, careful to say he didn’t know if it was self-inflicted. Now, it has been uncovered that Jose Barrera has been fired from his position as a Pre-Trial Services Officer after accessing documents related to the death of Tamla.
Along with the possibility of court documents being tampered with, Tamla’s close friend Michelle Graves says she has been threatened for asking questions. The coroner’s death certificate states that Tamla’s cause of death was “acute ethanol intoxication” and multiple blunt force injuries. However, Tamla’s family hired another medical examiner who found extensive injuries across her body. Michelle affirms “it’s impossible to get the injuries that she had from one fall.”
Speak up! Justice for Tamla Horsford.
- I’ve never heard of this crime, but my sister lives in Cumming Georgia. I’ve been to that location many times. That location is about 30 minutes away from me. I hope this crime gets solved Tamla Horsford
- There was definitely little to no coverage about this case. I’m from Georgia and I was still deployed when this happened, but I use alerts for the Georgia news outlets and heard nothing until social media. You always do a great job discussing these cases but I really appreciate how you take the same care with your videos regardless of the persons race. As a black woman that lived 15 minutes from Cumming, I know that this case isn’t getting the attention it deserves primarily because Tamla is a black woman.
- This is murder. I know just by the actions. She is clearly apart of the community. A football mom, probably active at the local school. If these women were really her friend. Following her death there would have been a vigil, foundraiser, tshirts made. Games in her honor. But the way they acted as if she never existed. Like they just wanted her to disapear. Thats how someone acts when they have hate in their hearts. If they found their friend dead. It would have been a huge deal, you kidding me. This reeks of foul play.
- I live in Georgia about 45 min from Forsyth and it’s so insane how cases like this just disappear like the Kendrick case you mentioned…
- something happened at that house and it wasn’t Tamala being too drunk. this is the same Forsyth county that Oprah profiled years ago. apparently it is a very racist town. amber, i thank you for your awareness and your ability to speak on race in terms of facts and not feelings. as a Black woman, i thank you.
- My first thought was it seems sketchy that she was the only black person there, and she was the only one to die. The call was suspicious and the person had a point if it were a white women found at a black person’s house dead, then yeah it would be treated differently.
- Ok so IMO I feel like if she had been drinking that would relax her body somewhat and if she did “fall” over the balcony I dont think it would have killed her, yes she would have been badly injured but i dont believe she would have died. Also for there to have been that many people in the house and for no one to hear or see anything is suspicious. Think about it this way if she had gone to smoke, her being the only smoker, would a friend not go out with her just to chit chat or sumthing, I know when I’m at a party a friend would always come out and either smoke with me if they smoked or even if they didn’t smoke sumone would come out with me to have a talk. Why didn’t anyone notice she was gone for an extended period of time? I have so many questions about this case it just doesnt sit well with me. She would have had to climb up and jump off the balcony it looks like if she bad “fallen”. The balcony seems to be at least waist high if not taller.
- Forsyth has a history of racism. Oprah did a show about it. Its called the town that black ppl never lived. They have a history of killing blacks. This is disgusting! Those women set her up and killed her. Justice needs to served! Black women always go unnoticed in the media. I hope it gets more coverage!!!!!
- If it was a sleepover why did everyone leave?!? What grown women have sleepover?!? She was murdered period!!!!!