CUMMING, Ga. — Circumstances surrounding the death of a 40-year-old Cumming woman at an overnight party have raised enough questions on social media that the party hosts have issued a statement defending themselves against accusations of “murder.”
Tamla Horsford, 40, was found dead in the backyard of a home in the 4000 block of Woodlet Court in Cumming on Nov. 4, 2018. Tamla Horsford had attended an overnight party at the home, according to a release from the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office.
The Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Tamla Horsford’s death was investigated by its Major Crimes Unit. Her body was transported to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner’s office for an autopsy. The sheriff’s office received findings of the autopsy and toxicology reports from the GBI and plans to issue a final report later this week.
In response to the accusations online, the law firm Banks, Stubbs, and McFarland LLP issued a statement on behalf of the homeowner, who has not been identified.
“At this time, our client, as well as each person who was present on November 4, 2018, has completely cooperated with law enforcement officers in attempting to give the family and friends answers with regards to the death of Tamla Horsford. Every aspect of our client’s life has been investigated. She has provided answers to every question asked by the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office. Although the investigation has not been closed, to the best of our knowledge, Ms. Tamla Horsford’s death has been issued by the Forsyth County Coroner.
“A copy of the death certificate is attached to this letter. According to the Coroner, the official cause of death was determined to have been caused by an accidental fall from a residential deck. In addition, the Death Certificate also states that acute ethanol intoxication was a significant condition contributing to Mrs. Tamla Horsford’s death.
“At this time, each of the partygoers and their families have received death threats on various social media postings. The threats need to stop. This tragic accident is exactly that, an accident. It is unfortunate, sad, and unbelievably heartbreaking to her family and friends. However, certain very vocal friends and family members of Mrs. Tamla Horsford have been describing this accident as a “murder.” Nothing can be farther from the truth.
- If this was a white woman dead at a black family house the entire family would be arrested
- My thoughts exactly. . . I’m just trying to figure out how when the dispatcher asked if they were trying to resuscitate her the wife said no then when he was put on the phone he said yes then when asked again he said he can’t tell if she breathing because she was face down. . . This is no accident it’s MURDER
- He’s lying on the 911 call. He spokenway too much and gave too many unnecessary details. He was trying to set up the scene by talking about the cigarettes and the balcony. You could hear his voice trembling at certain points. When hes rambling on about nonsense, the operator cuts him off abruptly and asks him to “wait one moment”, he gets snapped out of his story telling and immediately says “Sorry” to the operator,, this indicates guilt and that he is anxious .
- It’s weird how they wouldn’t let the black girl leave as if it was an all night event yet from the timeline, most of the people left. Why did they get to leave freely and they made her stay?? They knew she wanted to leave so you mean to tell me none of those friends could call her an uber or take her home when they left knowing that’s where she wanted to be, at home, if they thought she was that drunk. Sounds like they wanted her to stay for a reason. Hell they even could’ve called her husband to come and get her if these were truly her friends so something purposeful definitely happened to that woman. And they mentioned her alcohol level being almost 3 times the DRIVING LIMIT for what? That limit is what they consider to be too BUZZED to drive, it’s not really an indication of how blacked out they are but how they’d be too sensibly impaired to drive. The driving limit would not be .08 if they knew that .09-.13 bac had a person blacked out drunk. They wouldn’t cut it that close. Maybe it’s because I’m not a drinker that I believe .23 is not high enough to flip yourself over a 4 foot balcony. Maybe for some but she was a 41 year old woman, not at all new to drinking or her limits. .23 wouldn’t conclude that she had no control especially if she could hold her liquor. It’s just an indication of how much was in her, not how impaired she was. Also, from what I saw of the balcony, that fall would definitely probably leave some injuries, but not enough to kill her considering it was grass there. I’ve seen videos of drunks falling that distance and getting right back up. She’d had to have hit her head first for me to believe it but with her supposedly falling over, I just can’t imagine how she fell so “perfectly” as to land face down. Picture you with your stomach hanging over a balcony, now try and imagine you landing face first with your left arm up and right arm down. Seems liked it was placed and staged.
- You notice how this WHITE homeowner was already “STAGING” her story! “WEEEE went to bed and SHEEEE was on the balcony and because she was drinking, she must’ve fell over the balcony”! Baybeeeeee, Grandmama always told me to LISTEN before you speak!
- This sounds like one of those cult situations i’m not convinced this was an accident the town being a kkk historical location and all. I think it’s colution on behalf of those directly involved and those investigating the crime. I personally would feel extremely uncomfortable being alone with individuals unlike myself overnight. Not to sound prejudice but history shows us to expect the worst of them so I always do. I don’t believe for one second this woman was on drugs and got drunk and fell from the balcony. More like she was drugged severly beaten then thrown from the balcony.🤔 This was no accident. These areas should be publicly recognized so that black people can know you are not safe there.
- I live in Georgia, and I have been Pissed at the lack of coverage of this story … anytime something happens in a white area the coverage is minimal
- You have a women who went to a sleepover in a notoriously racist forsyth County. The women comes up dead and nobody seen or heard anything until the next morning. Forsyth County is a dangerous racist area. This whole story is suspect
- WHAT DID THEY FIND ON THE BACKYARD CAMERAS THAT WAS HEARED DURING THE 911 CALL???? DID THEY NOT SEE ANYTHING???? SOMETHING AIN’T RIGHT
- She died in that house and they cleaned it up. That’s the only explanation as to why no blood pool was under her body. The house probably was not even treated/searched as a crime scene. This is racial injustice being covered up.This is heartbreaking and devastatingly sad
- That balcony wasn’t high enough to cause a fatality. Do these people truly believe people are dumb enough to fall for that?
- I feel like she was killed. A lot of white people try to be cordial with blacks because they have to, but I feel like when they’re drunk, the real persona shows up. Maybe when they started drinking they became aggressive and the racist side came out, which eventually caused her death. Hope they find justice
- If this was a white lady at an all black sleep over and misteriously ended up dead every black human in that house would of been locked up or shot down immediately or beat I don’t sleep at no one house or eat I’ve learned lessons
- Why is her death even a question because at the beginning in the 911 recording the boyfriend started that his girlfriend the homeowner had security cameras facing the balcony and the house so why had no one checked?